Good advice from Dan Martell
I’ve been reading and watching Dan Martell’s short (i.e. time friendly) videos on startups & entrepreneurship. They are all simple straight to the point, sound bites for helping you grow your startup.
Here’s some quick notes.
Three stages of a startup.
- Start: Founder Foundation and Product Development
- Grow: Marketing & Distribution and Building the Right Team
- Sell: Raising Funds and Exit Strategy
No Cost Development
- Find potential customers
- Find their “Deep Problem”
- Build clickable prototype (High Fidelity if possible)
- Iterate through Feature Specification (repeat 3,4)
True Customer Validation – Must have $ exchange!!
- Prototype (see no cost development)
- Find early adopters (those that tried it themselves but failed or have a kludgy system)
- Get 10 Pre-orders
- Build the team
Fear of Rejection
- Its not about you, its the product
- Numbers matter…start with more!
- Get out early and often
- Look for opportunity to learn — Failure is just SPEEDY LEARNING!
- They really do need your product