Welcome to the Savvy Founder – Helping High Tech Entrepreneurs
Welcome to the introductory episode of the Savvy Founder Podcast. In this episode, we are going to talking about how it all got started as well as an outline for launch week. We hope you enjoy everything we have to offer.
• This show came about when an entrepreneur I was helping said “Phil you should do a podcast” – although I was helping lots of people, I realized thru a podcast I could help more.
• This show will also explore the Silicon Valley Myth, that a coffee shop, a conversation, and a napkin will result in a $5M check.
• I’ll be talking to all types of high-tech high-growth entrepreneurs and those that would likely raise money thru selling equity, about their own journey; and their “aha” moments and words of wisdom.
For launch week:
• Host – Philip Topham, The Savvy Founder – extended interview of me Paul Roberts of OC Talk Radio.
• The accelerator perspective – an interview with Michael Sawvitz, who ran Fast Start Studio
• The entrepreneur perspective – Karan Bavandi, a serial entrepreneur and advice he wished he learned sooner.
• The entrepreneur perspective – Ash Kumra, a serial entrepreneur, with perspectives on passion and purpose.
• The angel investor perspective – David Friedman, president of Tech Coast Angels Orange County
About the Host:
Philip Topham is The Savvy Founder and Armchair sociologist. Philip has an inquisitive mind and passion for ideas. He’s impatient to see tomorrow’s today. He focuses on helping technical founders unlock their pragmatic dreamer and develop their business skills and social capital with The Savvy Founder framework.
With more than 25 years across startups and corporate roles, Philip has been everything from janitor to the Founder and Chief Everything Officer. His earliest career was as a network engineer bringing companies into the Internet age. He’s served as the Head of Information Technology (Divisional CIO) as well as startup Chief Technology Officer, building software and solving problems others said couldn’t be solved.
Philip has experienced what happens when a traditional company gets $20M venture capital infusion to become the next big thing. He has also experienced building a business without venture backing. He built a business from zero to profitability, selling more than $5M to big pharma and changed the way the pharmaceutical industry operates. He knows what it means to raise money for your startup, only to have it stop as a key founder steps out of the picture. He currently is an advisor for a global AI (artificial intelligence) clinical care management system startup.
Among his many accomplishments, Philip, is an armchair sociologist with peer-review publications in social network analysis and machine learning. He holds a BS Biological Sciences from UC Irvine and an MBA from Pepperdine University. When not working, he can be found playing billiards, woodworking, travelling or socializing with friends and family.
Words of Wisdom
• Ideas are worthless; revenues are priceless; surround yourself with smart people.
• Life is a journey – mole hills or mountains? it’s your choice.
Connect with Philip at:
E-mail – email@example.com
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/philiptopham
Twitter – https://www.twitter.com/thesavvyfounder
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/thesavvyfounder
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/thesavvyfounder
Website – https://www.philiptopham.com
Clubhouse – @thesavvyfounder
10 Most Fixable Pitch Deck Mistakes – https://www.thesavvyfounder.com
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Follow the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts or on your favorite podcast app.
Leave us a review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review.