Ep 54: How Do You Save Time? Listen To Your Customers! – Shilpa Sharma, Co-Founder Flyte
How do you save time? Listen to your customers! Not only does Shilpa Sharma share this excellent advice, but she and her co-founder are focused on saving time. FlyteAI.com save sales people 10 hours a week!
- How did you know you had found a real problem? Me [Shilpa] and my co-founder went from a casual conversation to over 400 conversations with customers. Its important to talk to customers so you don’t build something they don’t want. Also my co-founder investigated the technology to see if it was technically feasible.
- Shilpa explains what is Conversational AI and how they use it to build out a solution aimed at saving sales people 10 hours a week on non-sales work.
- Why did you use an incubator? We joined Founders Institute because we were both first time founders and wanted to learn from experienced founders; We did that part time.
- How did an accelerator work for you? After Founder Institute, we spent 3 months building wireframes, and, because of the accelerator connections, Tech Stars invited us to join their accelerator. Tech Stars is like a global community of founders. With Tech Stars they gave us a little pre-seed money and that allowed us to quit our jobs and work on Flyteai full-time
- What did you learn about customers? Shilpa shares some excellent advice on conducting customer interview questions. Too much great advice to list.
About the Guest:
Shilpa is an entrepreneur, tech enthusiast and a leader. She is the co-founder and CEO of Flyte – an AI platform that helps salespeople close more deals through automated call notes and competitive insights. Prior to starting her own company, she has led technology operations and business development at Fortune 100 companies and made significant business impact through her strategic planning. She is passionate about tech startups and has been advising many startups from Founder Institute. Shilpa enjoys exploring new places and cultures, and has lived in France, Japan and North America.
Philip Topham is The Savvy Founder. Philip has an inquisitive mind and passion for ideas. He’s impatient to see tomorrow’s future today. He helps technical founders build the busines they want. He helps established businesses tap into their start-up founder to conquer a changing world. With more than 25 years across start-ups and corporate roles, Philip has been everything from janitor to the Founder and Chief Everything Officer.
Words of Wisdom
- Ideas are worthless; revenues are priceless; surround yourself with smart people.
- Life is a journey – mole hills or mountains? it’s your choice.
Connect or Book with The Savvy Founder:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode, share with a fellow founder and business owner, so they took can shorten their journey, and build their business quicker.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Follow the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts or on your favorite podcast app.
Leave us a review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review.